This salad is sure to leave you satisfied. The lentils add a nice texture change taking the dish to a whole new level. It’s not “just a salad” it’s a flavorful hearty meal! The recipe has been modified and stems from Miriam with Mouthwatering Vegan Recipes, click the link for the mouthwatering original!
My best friend and I used to make a Greek salad with finely cubed vegetables and I just crave it at times. This is a great modified alternative and even has a vegan parmesan to cover that cheesy craving!
The tip from Miriam was to cut each ingredient into very small squares/pieces. I took the advice and must say, it worked well! Great advice, great recipe! I’ll be back again! I modified the recipe to add my spin to it and used freshly cooked lentils, bright green lime, sensational red onion, deep red cabbage and vegan parmesan cheese.
To start – I pre-cooked some lentils. Once cooked, I spread 1 cup on a plate to cool while I finely cubed the vegetables.
It’s as easy as chop…..
Add lentils and vegan parmesan…..
Opt for a close up!
Decorate with chips and be prepared to impress your palette!
- 1 cup pre-cooked lentils
- 2-3 organic tomatoes – chopped
- 1 jalapeño – chopped (opt)
- 1 small bell pepper – chopped
- 1 small cucumber (w/skin) – chopped
- 1/2 red onion – chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves – chopped
- 3/4 – 1 cup red cabbage – chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Opt: add some fresh basil & parsley! (I forgot but do recommend it!)
- Place ingredients into a bowl
- Toss together and add the cooled, pre-cooked lentil beans
- Toss with the following homemade dressing!
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried curry powder
- dash of ginger powder
- garlic salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup (or your fav!)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil or olive/your favorite
- Dash of Balsamic Vinegar
Enjoy tossed over the salad with organic corn chips, pita bread…etc! My husband and I almost devoured it all in one sitting. Please leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed it!
P.S. Time is running out! Don’t forget to check out Pampered Chef items available for sell until the end of July only!!!!
BBQ Pizza? Are you kidding me? I want to veganize that bad boy. I’ll be asking my husband if I can buy a few items for sure!