Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Corn Meal
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (+/-)
- 1 tsp Cumin
Stir ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside and use with your favorite vegetables. May also be placed in a plastic bag or old spice jar and shaken together to incorporate. Store in a cool dark environment, with other seasoning.
South of The Border Tacos
- 2 medium white potatoes - Quartered
- 1 small red onion - Thinly Sliced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic - Minced
- 2-3 carrots - Peeled and Sliced
- 1 cup of cauliflower - chopped
- 2 Serrano Peppers - Diced
- 3 Big Leaves - Dark Leafy Vegetable - Chopped
- 2 Limes - Squeezed
- Fajita Seasoning
- 8 Corn Tortillas to Heated for Serving
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Place vegetables in a vegetable steamer for 20 minutes or until done.
- Once done, squeeze fresh lime juice over the vegetables. Pour all of the fajita seasoning from the above recipe onto the vegetables. Gently combine.
- Serve in a hot warm corn tortilla. Would be superb with guacamole, salsa and beans! Makes approximately 8 veggie tacos. ENJOY!