Summertime has many blissful moments. The sun on your skin, the gentle warm breeze that kisses your face as it blows by, the birds chirping in the distance, water to retreat to and enjoy, fantastic sunrises and mesmerizing sunsets to name a few. I have one more to add to your list, Summer Bliss Pecan Carrot Cake.
This is by far one of my best creations and masterpieces. Combining a variety of flavors that make your taste buds dance in delight. With each bite I tried to describe the taste and the words spring and summer come to mind, refreshing, rich, scrumptious, fantastic! My husband even said “I can’t believe you made this!” and quite frankly neither could I!
There are magical moments in the kitchen when the creative force takes over and new creations are born. The best part about this cake is you can eat a piece and not feel terrible about it later, mentally or physically.
It’s made with wholesome ingredients that are vegan, raw, gluten-free, oil-free and kosher. The ingredients come together in an unbelievable manner making a sensational recipe for loved ones, kids, carnivore, herbivores, individuals on a raw or paleo diet or anyone wanting a sensational dessert! This recipe would be great at an event and would be sure to please your friends and family!
This cake lasted the two of us about a week or more in the freezer. It makes such a large amount that you can split a piece and be more than satisfied! So lift up your sleeves, and lets make a beautiful cake!
Blissful Pie Crust:
- 4 Cups of Pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Prunes
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp Ginger powder
- Pinch Cardamom powder
- Pinch Nutmeg powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Place nuts in high tech blender or food processor to create a crumbly flour. Add spices and pulse a few times to evenly distribute.
- Add prunes and process until the mixture sticks together and is well combined.
- Using moist hands press into a lightly oiled 8″ pie pan or spring form pan. Preferably lined with parchment paper.
- Set aside and prep the filling.
- 5 cups Carrots, peeled and grated or chopped finely
- 2 cups Prunes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Potato Starch
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour into pie crust and place into fridge or freezer until it becomes firm.
Coco Cream Frosting:
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Add ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until nice and creamy!
- Pour on top of carrot cake layer.
- Decorate with your favorites and place in a fridge or freezer and allow to set. (Minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.)
Slice and serve!
I have a feeling my husband and I will enjoy this recipe many times in the future, it is a definite keeper. One of my best, enjoy!
Have a blissful weekend,
PS – This recipe was made possible by my handy Blendtec