1 Cup Pitted Medjool Dates
1/4 Cup Hot Water
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Oat Flour (Gluten-Free Oats Ground into a fine flour)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cup Oats (Gluten-free)
1/2 Cup Raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with with parchment paper, a baking mat, or use ungreased or very light greased cookie sheet.
- Combine the 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 2 tbsp of water in a small dish, mix well, set aside for 5 minutes to congeal.
- In a food processor, place the 1 cup of pitted dates and 1/4 cup hot/warm water, pulse until a paste is formed. Add the congealed chia seed mixture and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a large bowl mix together 3/4 cup oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the wet date mixture to this and mix well. Stir in the oats and raisins, adding any extra goodies (chocolate chips, coconut flakes, more raisins, etc.)
- Drop by rounded tbsp or desired size onto prepared pan. I like to shape mine a little.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve!
- This is 1/2 of the original recipe. Feel free to double! The original recipe states it makes about 4 dozen, so this should make about 2 dozen. I neglected to count before consuming!! Enjoy!
- Regular oats that aren't gluten-free may be used as well!