- 6.5 oz (half package) firm tofu
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour (I used 2 tbsp brown rice flour with 1 tbsp amaranth)
- 2 tbsp potato or tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp Vegg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
Sauteed red onion, green onions, 1 sorrano pepper, 1/2 tomato, spinach and garlic clove (etc. your favorites)
- Blend all of the Ingredients (expect the filling) in a blender or food processor.
- Pour 1-2 tsps of oil in a cast iron skillet (or your favorite skillet) coating the pan. Place on medium high heat.
- Before the pan is too hot place half of the egg mixture into the center of the pan. Use a spatula to spread it out into a circle. Use the spatula to round the edges. It will be thick and will need your help! (Water can be added, however I left mine thick and was pleased with the results.)
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the top side is almost completely done.
- Pile your favorite fillings on one half of the omelet and fold the other half over.
- Press down very gently, no flipping required, serve warm!