- 1 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Cayenne (less if desired)
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Sage
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (+/- as desired)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp All Spice
- 3 Cups Cannellini Beans (or Great White Northern)
- 3 TBSP Tamari Sauce (Use Coconut Amino for Soy-free)
- 2 TBSP Rice vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1 1/2 Heaping Cup Diced Mushrooms
- 2 tsp Guar Gum
- 1/3 Cup Corn Flour (Harina de Maiz)
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 Tbsp Flax Meal with 1/4 Cup Warm Water; Mixed together and set aside.
- Mix together all of the ingredients and spices in a large bowl until well combined.
- Mash together the ingredients with a potato masher until very fine, mixed together and only a few small chunks of beans remain.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight. Otherwise, proceed to steam. Divide into 8 sections. Take a piece of foil, line it with parchment paper, shape the vegan sausage into a sausage shape, roll it up and twist the ends. Complete until you have 8 sausages.
- Steam for 30 minutes, thicker sausages may have to steam longer to firm up. Allow to cool for 10+ minutes. The longer they cool, the easier they are to handle. I was able to carefully unwrap and use immediately. They are best when placed in the fridge for 4+ hours, they transform to firm sausages. When ready unwrap, enjoy steamed, baked, sliced, fried, crumbled or as your heart desires!
Homemade Spiced Sausage
Homemade Vegan Sausage
Meatless Meal: Italian Spiced Sausage with Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
He said: "omg these are great."? "..I used my pressure cooker to steam them for 10 minutes. I've eaten two and they came out perfect."
He also said:
"Omg so versatile!! Made this Cuban dish called Picadillo that's tomatoey chili with raisins and green olive. I had made a simple chili and said...Hmm...Wonder if I crumbled in one of those sausages!! It did make the chili less runny for the meal but as a "meat" chili...Pretty darn good. :)"
He also used it as a meat sub in pitas, a "tasty protein source in a breakfast protein bowl I threw together, Shepherd's Pie, and sausage patties for breakfast topped with maple syrup and next to some pancakes. Total boss recipe!!! :). Freeze great btw in the foil and let thaw in advance of use."
WOW, great feedback!!! What are you waiting for? Lets get cookin'! :)