With the items available in most grocery stores, even a health conscious person can fall victim to unwanted toxins. Ridding our body of these toxins 1-2 times a year (or more) is never a bad idea! It allows toxins to leave our body and allows our digestive system to have a nice "holiday"!
- With an abundance of nutrients being taken in from all the fresh produce consumed during a cleanse the adrenal glands become healthier. Helping the body and mind deal with stress without becoming overwhelmed. In today's society that never hurts!
- While ridding the body of unwanted toxins hiding in the depths of our body we also release hidden emotions. Taking time to meditate, do yoga and connect with yourself and nature is helpful in the process.
- Eating organic fresh off the vine produce that is packed with healthy life giving vibrational energy in turn gives you high vibrational energy. The energy is transferred from the plant and given to you. You are what you eat so eating high vibrational foods can lead to a higher vibrational you!
- When we cleanse, eating healing foods that have less impact on our body, we give our body a time-out, a break, allowing room in our mind and body for other things.
- For centuries people have detoxed and fasted for increased energy, awareness and to feel more alive! By cleansing our bodies we allow stagnated energy to flow freely helping our consciousness soar to new heights!
- Cleanses can leave one feeling invigorated, energized and beautiful glowing from the inside out!
A 30 day cleanse is optimal 1-2 x's per year, however going 1 day or 1 week is fantastic! The best part is you can start anytime. If you "mess up" don't worry and keep going. I'm on day 6 and already feel amazing!
What do you need to stay away from?
- SUGAR - in edition to sugar products, food rich in sugar: maple syrup, molasses, agave, syrups in general, limit the amount of fruit.
- Processed Foods
- In-organic Produce
- Caffeine - if you are able to! ;) I wasn't!!
- Artificial Ingredients
- Wheat, Rye, Barley, Oats..
- Simple Carbs (Bread, white rice, pasta as they immediately break down into simple sugars)
- Corn & Potatoes
- Dairy, animal products & alcohol (try to eliminate full time)
- Yeast Fermented Foods
- Consider eliminating: mushrooms, grapes, fermented foods and sauces and miso.
- Protein! Nuts & Legumes = very good!
- Garlic! Consider whole garlic cloves 2 x's a day
- Cabbage! Encourages growth of healthy bacteria
- A lot of leafy greens, raw vegetables and fruits with a low glycemic index such as strawberries.
- Unprocessed gluten-free grains such as whole grain brown rice, amaranth and quinoa.
- Drink a lot of water
If you decide to participate, please reach out and provide feedback! I'd love to hear! I've already gotten rid of 4 unwanted lbs, have increased energy, am getting more done, and am doing more yoga. I also find I'm more loving and giving, perhaps because I'm being more loving and kind to my body.
I hope you found this helpful. Cheers to a healthier, higher vibrating you!