4 Cups Tomatoes
1 Sm Can Organic Tomato Paste (About a heaping 1/2 Cup)
1 Cup Chopped Onions
2 Large Cloves Garlic
1/2 tsp Salt, Dried Thyme
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
2 Small Handfuls Herbs (I used Parsley and Basil; 1 small handful each)
1 Cup TVP
1 Cup Cold Water
To taste: Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Oregano and Garlic Powder
1 Package Spaghetti Noodles (I used Gluten-Free; 200 grams)
- Mix the TVP ingredients together and set aside to allow the water to absorb.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp of salt to the water, cook the noodles as per the package.
- While the water is heating, combine the Spaghetti Sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides and repeating if needed.
- Transfer the sauce ingredients to a small-medium pot, place on medium-low heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the sauce is flavorful, add the TVP mixture, mix together, turn off the heat, cover and let it marinade for a few minutes.
- You can either mix the drained noodles into the sauce, and heat over low for a few minutes or you can take the drained noodles and place a strip of noodles down the center. I did this by twirling the noodles around the fork, and transferring to the bowl, repeating until desired amount is reached. Add the sauce down the center for a beautiful meal. Makes 4-6 servings.