2 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour (or more almond flour)
1/4 Cup Water
1 tsp Psyllium Husk or 1 Tbsp Flax Meal
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sprinkle of dry herbs (I chose about 1 tsp dill)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Xanthum or Guar Gum
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the psyllium husk and water, set aside for 5 minutes to congeal.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, buckwheat flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and xanthum gum. Add the congealed psyllium husk mixture.
- Mix together until it clumps together.
- Knead with your hands for 1-2 minutes or until it forms a smooth supple ball.
- Place the ball on a silicone mat, cover it with plastic wrap. Alternatively, you can use parchment paper. Roll until it is 1/8" - 1/4" thick.
- If using the silicone mat, use a butterknife to cut into squares or as desired. If using parchment, you can use a pizza cutter. Prick with a fork.
- Top as desired. I used salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and a little nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until desired consistency. The pieces near the edge may bake quicker, if so set aside and allow the ones near the middle to go a little longer if needed.
- Cool on the pan for a few minutes and serve. These do crisp a little more as they cool.