- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Take 1/2 cup of dates with 2 tbsp hot water and pulse in a food processor until it forms date paste.
- Combine the date paste, mashed banana and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until combined well and gently fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Place on a pre-greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-12 minutes or until the edges are golden / desired consistency. ENJOY!
Update 2015 - We had the nicest act of kindness from the manager where we live. Gerald suggested cookies! We gave him a couple as we were leaving to say thank you and let him know they were free of oil, refined sugar and dairy. When we returned he said he could hardly believe it. "The most delicious treat yet no oil or sugar? How could this be?" This recipe is an older one but still stands tall!