1/2 Cup Gluten Free Oats, Uncooked
2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut Butter
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
1 Cup Gluten Free Oats, Uncooked
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt (Opt)
1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
3/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
3 Tbsp Aquafaba
3/4 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (Opt)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with silicone cups, paper baking cups or spray well with cooking spray.
- Combine the streusel ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, pie spice, baking soda and salt) mix well. Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl (applesauce, dairy free milk, maple syrup, peanut butter and aquafaba) mix until combined. Add the wet to the dry, stir until just combined. Fold in the raisins and nuts if using. [Do not overmix.]
- Fill the muffins cups until nearly full. Sprinkle with the streusal, gently press.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, remove, serve warm or proceed to cool on wire racks.
- If you don't have a gluten allergy try using quick or old fashioned oats as well as regular all purpose flour or wheat flour.
- If you are allergic to nuts, omit and use a seed butter, coconut butter or even a light oil like avocado.
- Aquafaba is the liquid in a can of chick peas, generally tossed, reserve and use in many recipes. You can also use any 1 "egg" replacement of your choice.
- Feel free to use other sweeteners and increase or decrease as desired.
- If going for completely sugar-free use applesauce in the streusel, omit the maple syrup.
- Other purees may be used instead of applesauce. I am going to make a pumpkin variety next, and when mango season comes around, that may be delicious!! Banana would also be equally as good. Have fun!
This recipe is VEGAN, OIL-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE and DELICIOUS! Share away and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking.