- 1 Cup Oats [Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour*
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 2.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1.5 Tbsp Nut or Seed Butter
- 1 Cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place 12 muffin liners in muffin tin.
- Mix 1/4 cup warm water with 1 Tbsp flax meal and set aside. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together the wet ingredients in a small bowl, including the flax meal mixture. Combine the wet to the dry, trying not to over-mix. Fold in the raisins.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 muffin liners and bake 15-20 minutes, until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Ensure not to over-bake for a moist muffin!
- Use your favorite non-dairy milk
- Trader Joe's offers an all purpose gluten-free flour baking blend. Bob's Red Mill also makes a nice blend. I like to make my own using this recipe: http://www.sarahbakesgfree.com/2012/05/sarahs-gluten-free-flour-blend.html
- Use 4 tbsp coconut oil for a nut free version. Use 4 tbsp nut butter or seed butter for an oil-free option.
- Use raisins and cranberries, cranberries, vegan chocolate chips, goji berries, nuts, seeds or whatever your heart desires!
- 5 Weight Watcher Plus Points Per Muffin - 163 Calories Per Muffin
- Adapted from The Pioneer Woman