1 Cup Quinoa
2 Cups Filtered Water
1 ½ lbs (3/4 kg) Brussels Sprouts – Halved
1 Lg Sweet Potato – Peeled & Diced
Opt: 2 tsp Olive Oil
1 Leek – Sliced
2-3 Lemons - Freshly Squeezed
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 Handfuls Parsley – Finely Minced
1 Cup Toasted Walnuts or Pecans (pass if allergic)
1 Pomegranate - Seeds Removed and Set Aside
- Place the quinoa and water in a rice cooker, press cook, allow to cook while you prepare the balance of the meal. You can also cook it on your stove top.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or gently grease. Toss the halved Brussels sprouts and diced sweet potatoes in a tsp of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. You can also pass and go for 'naked' or plain. Roast for 20-30 minutes until desired consistency and the potatoes are done.
- While those are in the oven, heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a cast iron skillet or your favorite pan. Sauté the sliced leek and allow to caramelize, stirring occasionally. You can pass on the oil and use vegetable broth or water for oil-free, cooking until soft.
- Once the quinoa is done, stir in freshly squeezed lemon juice, tsp of salt and pepper, minced parsley and caramelized leeks.
- Top with the roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
- Surround with the toasted walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Serve as is...