A based of berries is covered with an oatmeal batter filled with bananas and dates to sweeten. It is then topped with more berries and optional coconut flakes and baked until oozing hot berries are bursting forth. Cool to set, slice and serve.
This is a great meal to make for meal-prep, it freezes well too if you can't eat it quick enough. It's also great to serve to a party or group of people. It creates enough for everyone and I had some go back for thirds! It's verified and tested on an entire group of people who loved it! The 9 x 13 was empty once they left, hooray!! I served it with some hot coffee and my Chaga Chai Tea for a simply delicious and healthy start to the day.
3 Cup Oats (Gluten-Free)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
3 Cup Dairy Free Milk of Choice (I used Cashew)
3 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Packed Pitted Medjool Dates
4 Cups Mixed Berries; Divided
2 Cups Banana Slices
Opt: 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes to top
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl mix the dry: oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon.
3. In a blender add dairy-free milk, vanilla, and dates. Blend until smooth.
4. Add the wet to the dry and mix until well combined. Fold in the banana slices.
5. Sprinkle 2 cups of the mixed berries on the base of the prepared pan.
6. Pour the batter on top. Spread evenly. Pound on counter to release air bubbles.
7. Top with balance of berries, press in slightly. Opt to add coconut flakes.
8. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. It will bounce back when you touch it if it is done.
9. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10+ minutes. The longer it cools, the firmer the slice. Store leftovers in the fridge or freeze.
Shoutout to Lori Ivey and Justin Pilcher for making the cake!! It was so delicious, thank you so much, I could taste the love.
Welcome to ArtisticVegan.com where you can find access to hundreds of vegan recipes. I love cooking, food, yoga and so much more. Thank you for stopping by!!
Search Artistic Vegan
Current Reader Favorites
The man who lights my fire!