- Combine all of the ingredients in a small pot on the stove.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes up to one hour until desired consistency. I simmered ours for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove from burner, set aside for use in the baked beans. Makes about 1 cup.
- Skip this step and use your favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Use a Vegan Worcester Sauce vs. Soy Sauce
- Leave out the srirarcha for a less spicy version
- Start with 1/2 of the amount of apple cider vinegar and add more slowly until acquired taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper and garlic. I used our food processor for a quick and easy chop.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a large pan over medium - medium-high heat and saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic until soft. About 3-5 minutes. Turn off stove, set aside mixture.
- In an oiled baking dish combine 3 cups of pre-cooked black beans (or two 16 oz cans) the cooked onion, garlic and bell pepper mixture, homemade BBQ sauce and the balance of the ingredients.
- Stir to combine well. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour, removing to stir as it bakes about 3-5 times.
- Use 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce vs. the homemade BBQ sauce.
- Use your favorite beans, kidney, pinto etc.
- Leave out the Cayenne pepper for a less spicy version.
- Add some maple syrup for a sweeter version.
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend and lots of love!
From our kitchen to yours!