Love & Light ~ Christa
1 Cup Walnuts (or preferred nut/seed)
1 Cup Soft Medjool Dates - Pitted
1/4 tsp Salt
Blackberry Lime Bliss Out Cheesecake:
1 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews - Soaked Overnight, Drained and Rinsed
3/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk
1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Melted Organic Coconut Oil
1 1/2 Cups Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
Top with fresh or frozen blackberries - about 18 or Blackberry Compote
Healthy Blackberry Compote
2 Cups Blackberries
1/2 Cup Chopped Dates (or sweeten as desired)
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1/3 of an Orange - Sliced and Squeezed
1 tsp Coconut Oil or Coconut Butter
Combine ingredients in a saucepan, heat on low for 10-15 minutes until the berries burst and it's a thick compote. Stir occasionally. Thickens as it cools.
- Place the nuts and salt in a food processor. Process until fine. Add the dates and pulse/process until very well combined and sticky, pressing down the sides as needed. You will be able to press it together and have it stick.
- Lightly grease a spring-form pan or desired pan. Cut a piece of parchment paper in a circle the size of your spring-form pan or if using a tin go up the sides for easy removal.
- Place the crust in the bottom. Spread and press firmly creating an even layer. Place in the freezer and make the filling.
- Place the cheesecake ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until it is completely smooth, press down the sides as needed, and re-blend until silky smooth.
- Pour on top of the crust, even out with a spatula if needed. Whack it down on the counter top a few times to release the air bubbles. Place in a freezer for 5-6+ hours until firm.
- Remove from the freezer, place in the fridge to thaw for 60 minutes or on the counter for about 20 minutes depending on your climate. Slice and serve with fresh or frozen berries or the heavenly compote.
Lots of Options:
- Soak your dates if they are not soft.
- Pass on using salt.
- Use your favorite citrus juice - lemon, orange, tangerine, grapefruit...
- Use your favorite sweetener...Agave syrup, coconut sugar, brown rice syrup... pass and try stevia for sugar free...etc.
- Use Coconut Butter for Oil-Free.
- Use your favorite berry!
- For a thicker crust, increase or double it.