- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups pre-cooked black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 tbsp chia seed - ground
- 4 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (or bread crumbs of preference)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine ground chia seed and warm water, mix and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped. Add 1 cup black beans, cilantro, parsley, chia seed mixture, and red pepper flakes and pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the remaining can of black beans and the bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix until well combined.
- Divide remaining mixture into 6 portions and form into patties. Place on hot greased skillet or grill over medium to medium-low heat and cook about 8 minutes a side, until heated through and blackened. Serve with a bun, on a salad, with fresh veggies on top or any way you please!
- 2-3 white potatoes
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes into wedges by cutting the potato in half and cutting each half into wedge shapes.
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Add 2 tbsp of curry powder and a dash of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees while the potatoes are boiling. Boil until the potatoes are half way done.
- Drain and season to taste. Place half cooked potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20+ minutes on each side until golden and crisp on the outside. These are AMAZING and help me make smarter choices. Today I opted not to get our favorite jalapeno chips and made these instead! Worth it!
Elizabeth writes "I love your burger and fries and the idea from Ig on the fries is something I never heard before. The colors and designs in your food are amazing as always!"
And for dessert Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte's!
I love finding delicious alternatives to some of my unhealthy habits. May you enjoy endless healthy and delicious meals and continue to thrive!
Best wishes for a vibrant week ~ Shine on!