My Thai Rice Wraps
- 4 rice wraps
- 1 carrot - peeled and sliced in half and thin into matchsticks
- 1/4 red onion - sliced thin lengthwise in the widest part of the onion
- 3 green onion stems - sliced thin into matchsticks
- 2 radishes - sliced thin into matchsticks
- 1 nopales pad - sliced in half and thin into matchsticks or green bell
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- (OR your favorite mix of fresh veggies!)
- Prepare the vegetables and cut thinly into matchsticks.
- Place rice wraps, one at a time, in a pot filled with warm/hot water. Press down gently with utensil and then gently pulled it out and place on a plate.
- Spread the almond sauce on the bottom and arrange the fresh veggies in the wrap. May also be enjoyed with sauce on the side, both options are delicious.
- Fold the wrap by folding the front and back in. Then take the left side and wrap and tuck. Proceed to roll it up or take the right side and gently pull it over.
- Place on a plate and serve with the remaining sauce! Opt to serve with hot jasmine rice and tofu. I used this recipe and it was great!
Chiang Mai Almond Sauce
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free variety)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or water for oil-free)
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cashews (opt)
- 1 garlic clove – peeled
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Blend the ingredients in a blender or food processor until thick, creamy and smooth.
- Set aside and use as spread and dip for the rice wraps! May also be enjoyed with salads and more. Add more liquid for a creamier blend.
Enjoy a taste of 'My Thai!'