4 Buns (I made Gluten Free Buns store-bought would be okay.)
Tahini Lime Cashew Cheese Sauce & Spread
1/2 Cup Cashews - Soaked and Drained
2 Tbsp Lime Juice - Freshly Squeezed
1/4 Cup Filtered Water
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Tahini for Gluten-Free)
2 Tbsp Tahini
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
Blend together, set aside. Also good heated up!
Crispy Coconut Bacon
- 1 Cup Pure Organic Coconut Flakes (Large Pieces)
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tamari Sauce (or Soy for non GF)
- 3/4 tsp Paprika
- Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- Couple Drips Liquid Smoke (I used Hickory Flavor)
- Lightly spray a non-stick skillet, toast the coconut flakes until nice and golden brown.
- Add the balance of the ingredients. Mix to coat. Cook for another couple minutes moving it around.
- Remove from heat, it will get crispier as it sets.
4 'Egg Patties'
- ½ Cup + 2 ½ Tbsp Diary Free Milk in a Food Processor
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Chickpea Flour
- ½ Tbsp Flax Meal
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- Blend or mix together. Lightly spray a non-stick skillet. Place 4 mason jar rounds or preferred shape down that have been generously greased first.
- Divide the batter between the rounds, filling about 1/2-3/4 way full as they will grow as they cook. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until bubbles form throughout and the backside is golden.
- Flip cook for another 3-5 minutes or until golden and fluffy.
- Slice your bun in half, I kept one side in tact to hold it together.
- Spread the vegan cheese on both sides.
- Place a "egg" patty inside.
- Cover with more cheese. Top with crispy coconut bacon and opt for even more cheese and serve. We like a little hot sauce on ours but it is good with or without! Enjoy!!!