- 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour (I made 3 cups white rice flour mixed with 1 cup starch, and 1 tbsp gum; then pulled 1 ½ cups out).
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Applesauce (I used homemade)
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar (or preferred sweetener)
1 Tbsp Dairy Free Milk + extra if needed
Sprinkle of Chia Seeds or desired topping (oats, onions, herbs, other seed etc)
- In a small cup or mixing bowl, add the dairy free milk, apple cider vinegar and warm/hot water. Whisk together until bubbly and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar, mix.
- Add ¼ cup applesauce to the flour mix, along with the dairy free milk mixture.
- With greased or wet hands knead for about 5 minutes, until the bread is smooth and supple. Wash hands in-between and then re-oil/wet if needed to keep it going. Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Return, with greased or wet hands kneed a few times and then divide into 2-4 pieces depending on size of preferred bun. Shape into buns and bake at 350°F degrees until done, about 20-25 minutes.
- You will know they're done when golden. Remove from oven, carefully flip one over, tap the backside, if it sounds hollow it is done. Cool completely, then slice and enjoy. Store in a bag or freeze.
Our oven operates hot so ours baked at 400°F for 12-15 minutes. I'd imagine it would be more like 20 minutes at 350°F. Bigger buns may need more time.
Recipe doubles well.