4 Cups Puffed Amaranth (or puffed rice/quinoa/fav)
3/4 Cups Almonds - Chopped (roasted are great)
1/2 Cup Diced Dried Apple
1 Cup Raisins
3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
Dash of: Nutmeg, Allspice and Salt
24 Pitted Medjool Dates
6 Tbsp. Water (1/4 Cup + 1/8 Cup)
3/4 Cup Nut or Seed Butter (I used roasted almond butter)
1/4 Cup Agave (or favorite sticky syrup like brown rice or coconut nectar)
1 Tbsp Vanilla
Roasted Almond Butter
Handful of Chocolate Chips (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together your dry ingredients, less the dried fruit. (Amaranth, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt.)
- Pulse the water and pitted dates in a food processor until it creates a smooth paste. Add the balance of the wet (almond butter, vanilla and agave).
- Add the wet to the dry, and mix until well combined.
- Add the chopped apples and raisins, folding in.
- Spread evenly in a 9 x 13 pan, lined with parchment paper with 1" overage to easily lift out of pan. Press down hard with a spatula or desired utensil.
- Top with almond butter (I did diagonal lines, #doyou) and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Cool completely. Remove from pan by lifting the parchment paper up, carefully transferring to a cutting board. Slice into desired size. Store on the counter, in the fridge or freeze. Pro-tip: individually wrap for on-the-go and freeze.