- 1 1/2 Cups Black Beans pre-cooked = 1 can
- 1 Cup Pre-Cooked Corn - Fresh off the cob is best
- 1/2 Small Onion - Chopped up to 1 cup (to your preference)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour (breadcrumbs or cooked rice)
- 1/4 Cup or 4 Chipotle Peppers in Adobe
- 2 Tbsp Harina de Maiz - Corn flour
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or 1-2 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine everything in a food processor, in batches if needed or all at once.
- Pulse and process until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once you can easily stick it together and you have the desired consistency, divide into 4 patties, or 8 small patties. You can also press it firmly in-between a parchment lined tortilla press for Gerald's secret super vegan burger method!
- From there bake on parchment at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway for oil-free or pan-fry in vegetable oil (coconut, olive, avocado..) for 5 minutes or so, each side until nice and golden.
- Opt to top with vegan BBQ sauce, cheese, onion, tomato, pickle (lettuce, I was out) and a bun! DELICIOUS!!
1/2 Cup Soaked Cashews
1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk of Choice
3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp + guar gum or starch
Blend, use immediately. Heating or placing in the fridge will thicken.