I stocked up for the week at the grocery store, came home and realized I neglected to have my morning shake! Thankfully I had fresh bananas from the store and within 5 minutes I was gulping the shake down. I can honestly tell a difference when I drink my shake.
I feel stronger, rejuvenated and rebalanced. My energy is restored and I feel ready to take on the next task. Smoothies are a great way to join a mixture of ingredients, especially if you have anything that is going bad. I love to peel my ripe bananas, break them into pieces and freeze them. They work out magnificently in shakes.
Want to know what I learned today? If you have a fresh pineapple, set it on its side while it ripens so it allows for more evenly distribution of the sugary sweet juice. Who knew? Thank you Duane from Trader Joe's! :)
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 lb frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen round slices pineapple (about 1/4" thick ea.)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 5 dried and pitted Medjool dates
- 2 scoops Chocolate Hemp Protein
- Place ingredients in Blender. We use our Blendtec!
- Place on smoothie setting or medium to high-speed, until nice and creamy.
- Pour in glass and drink to good health!
Have a healthy and happy day!