- 1 cup cashew milk (or favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown rice syrup (agave, or favorite sweetener)
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil (see below...or can use favorite)
- 1 1/2-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp dry chai latte mix
- 1/2 cup dry chai latte mix
- 1 tbsp cashew milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a cake pan or 8" spring-form pan. May also place a piece of parchment paper down to prevent sticking.
- Whisk the milk and vinegar together and set aside to curdle. Then add the balance of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Add to the wet in two to three batches and beat until very smooth and few small lumps remain if any.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and then release from pan.
- Sift the chai latte mix into a large bowl, add the milk, vanilla and oil and mix until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake if you can wait.... I couldn't wait hah! :)
Also right in time for my birthday was a generous gift from Hawaii! The Oils of Aloha was by far my favorite! Rich, smooth and sensational. I actually used it in this recipe. It may be why it was so incredibly moist. I'm having the hardest time not making another batch, yum! The Da Kine spice is also quite clever and has added a tasty new spice to our meals! Who made this possbile? The wonderful Aloha spirit of Mulvadi, aloha and Mahalo!!!!