Cacao contains iron, copper, calcium, potassium, zinc, magnesium and oleic acid which has been linked with lowering cholesterol. Some actually use it as prevention for diabetes, PMS, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and more!
- 3 frozen bananas in chunks
- 12 oz coconut milk (or your favorite)
- 1 heaping spoonful of cacao
- 1 spoonful protein powder (I chose hemp)
- Handful of cashews (almonds, walnuts etc or spoonful of nut butter)
- Place ingredients in a blender
- Pulse until well combined, using a spatula to press down sides as needed.
- Pour into a glass and serve cold!
- Enjoy as a shake or ice cream!!
Here are some other ways to use cacao!