1 Cup Almond Meal (almond ground into flour/meal)
1 Cup Medjool Dates - Pitted
1/2 Cup Filtered Water
1/2 Cup Coconut Butter
1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
Melt 3/4 Cup Vegan Chocolate or Carob Chips OR Make it!
DIY Delicious Chocolate:
1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
2-3 Tbsp Agave Syrup or preferred
1/8 Cup Peanut Butter
- Make a date paste by combining the dates and water in a food processor. Push the sides down as needed until it creates a thick paste.
- Make a bain-marie or double broiler by bringing a shallow pot of water to a simmer, place a heatproof bowl or pot on top.
- Add the coconut butter, peanut butter and date paste. Mix together until it melts and is well combined. Fold in the almond meal. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the peanut butter base into a parchment or wax paper lined loaf tin or preferred pan, with a high edge for easy removal. Double recipe for 9 x 13. Place in the freezer and prepare the chocolate.
- In the same bowl, unwashed for ease, add the chocolate ingredients and melt together, whisk until smooth.
- Pour on top of the peanut butter base. Opt to sprinkle with sea salt. Freeze for about 3 hours or until firm. Slice and serve. You can also firm in the fridge. Store in the fridge or freezer. Slice small squares for party-size treats! ENJOY!
*You can use a different nut butter like almond butter.
*Allergic to nuts? Try a seed butter with a different flour like oat flour, coconut flour or the original graham crackers ground up.