Carrots, celery, garbanzo beans, garlic, fresh herbs, jalapeno slices, onion, spinach, tomatoes and zucchini with hints of paprika are simmered together. The scent is heavenly and the leftovers are just as good if not better. In fact I snapped these pictures on day 2. This one is a keeper, I hope you love it!
From my heart and kitchen to yours...love,
- 2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Chopped Celery with Tops
- 3 1/2 Cups Chopped Zucchini
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 3/4 Cups Carrot Slices
- 1 Medium White Onion - Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno - Quartered
- 3 Cups Garbanzo Beans (pre-cooked)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Fresh Herbs (I used 1/2 mix of Cilantro and Parsley)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Course Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- Opt dash of Cayenne
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (Pass for Oil Free)
- 6 Cups Filtered Water
- Place everything in a large pot except the beans, spinach and herbs. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the beans and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and fresh herbs, allow to simmer for 2-5 minutes. Season as desired with salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes. Dig in! Pairs great with salad and bread. Hearty enough to enjoy as is.
- Use more jalapeno for spicier and less for milder.
- Use your favorite bean.
- Add some cooked noodles!
- Use your favorite veggies.
- Use a low sodium vegetable broth vs. water for even more flavor.