- 3 cups Pecans (*See tip)
Optional Flavor Boosters:
- 2 tbsp Agave (Or: Maple Syrup / Honey for Vegetarians)
- 1 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil or Coconut Butter (Olive Oil, Avocado Oil...)
- Pinch Salt
- Place nuts and optional flavor boosters in your blender. Blend on low speed (speed 1 on blendtec) for one cycle, or until it sounds like it is done. Mine took about 25 seconds.
- Remove the lid, with a spatula, scrape the nuts towards the center of the jar and speed up to level 5 on a Blendtec or high. A butter should begin to form, scrape to the center.
- Repeat, with patience and love, until a rich creamy spread or desired consistency is reached. It takes me about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Use a food processor. Sometimes I use my blender first, then switch to the food processor.
- I tried a couple different settings such as Ice Crush and Pulse to mix it up, play around and see what works best for you and your blender.
- Use Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Peanuts, Hazelnuts, Mixed Nuts or the nut of your hearts desire.
- Add additional coconut butter or oil of choice to assist.
- Go oil free and use only nuts, the oils will come out as it is whipped and as it sits out overnight / over time.
- Add chocolate, vanilla, or any flavors that you'd like!
Adapted and methodology: Blendtec Lifestyles Recipe Book - Fresh Peanut Butter