- 14 Mini Potatoes - Quartered (or 1 Heaping Cup+ Quartered Potatoes)
- Salt and Dill to taste
- 2 Large White Potatoes - Diced (or 3 Cups)
- 3 Cups Dairy Free Milk
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves - Minced
- 2 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cashews, Soaked for 4 hours
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Black Beans (1 can or homemade)
- Soak the cashews ahead of time. You can also soak them in hot water while preparing the soup, I did both with success.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place 14 quartered mini potatoes in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes until a fork can pierce through without much resistance, about 1/2 way done. Drain and bake on a lightly greased pan, sprinkle with salt and dill. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the mini potatoes are in the oven, start the soup. Place remaining ingredients, less the cashews and black beans, in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the large diced potatoes are soft and easy to eat. Turn off the burner, remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, blend 2 cups of the soup with the soaked and drained cashews. Keep the lid cracked, I practically removed the lid as it didn't splatter and released the heat. I did use a heat-approved blender, an immersion blender is another option. Blend on soup setting or on high for 90 seconds until silky smooth. This can also be used as an Alfredo sauce, yum!
- Pour the silky mixture back into the pot with the soup. Add the cooked black beans. Stir and allow to heat for one to two minutes.
- Remove the roasted mini potatoes from the oven. Dish the soup into 4 bowls and top with roasted mini potatoes. We enjoyed two servings and had amazing leftovers the following day.