I can't deny nature...the leaves are changing colors and falling, school supplies are in full stock and school is in session!That means busier parents, off to busy days at work and after school activities. Even without kids life is really demanding! Having a high protein go-to snack can be the difference between a frown and a smile! I have just the treat for you and your kin.
The idea of a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils is kind of romantic in its own way. Maybe that is the artist and kid in me. This year I'll go for fresh baked cookies instead. :)
- Soak the dates overnight or in water while pulling out ingredients. Once soft pulse the dates and prunes in a food processor to make a thick smooth paste that has little to no chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper and spraying with a nonstick spray.
- Cream together the almond butter and date and prune mixture for one minute. Add the vanilla and cream for another 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk and banana and cream until mixed well.
- In a medium-large bowl mix the dry ingredients together. Slowly add the wet until fully incorporated, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Place 1-2 tbsp size balls on the cookie sheet. (Wet hands help!) Take a fork and press into the cookie to form the hallmark crisscross pattern. Wetting the fork in between really helps!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and enjoy in as many ways as you can! :)