When I was growing up Fettuccine Alfredo was one of my guilty pleasures to enjoy on celebrations! This version is still rich and decadent yet completely vegan and gluten-free for all to enjoy.
Author: Christa Clark
This recipe comes together with ease, rather quickly and doesn't require a lot of fresh ingredients. It is a bit more indulgent and well worth it. Enjoy! Buon Appetito!
- 1/4 Cup Olive or Avocado Oil (or Earth Balance)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour (or of choice)
- 2 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk of choice, Warm
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional tiny pinch of Nutmeg
- 3/4 Cup or more Vegan Cheese (see notes)
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Freshly Minced Parsley, to taste
- Add the oil to a saucepan over medium-low heat, once warm add the flour to cook. Stir constantly until it forms a smooth paste, cook for about 1-2 minutes, avoid browning.
- Add the minced garlic, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the warm dairy free milk, a little at a time, stirring until smooth each time. Start with 1 1/2 cups and add more as needed until desired thickness.
- Season with salt and any pepper or nutmeg if desired. Bring it to a boil, reduce the flame and stir frequently cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vegan cheese, mixing until melted. Remove from the heat and add the parsley, reserving some for on top. Mix well. Taste, adjust as needed.
- Serve with cooked noodles of choice, adding the noodles to the sauce if serving immediately or the noodles to a bowl and mixing the sauce or placing it on top, as desired. A little fresh parsley on top, a sprinkle of salt, more vegan cheese or nutritional yeast if desired and dig in!
Cheese recipe: https://www.artisticvegan.com/blog/cashew-mozzarella-cheese-vegan-gf or use your favorite! If not using right away, place something on top of the sauce to avoid a film forming. Use this recipe in tons of other dishes!!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @artisticvegan on instagram and hashtag it #artisticvegan
Created using The Recipes Generator