The warm sun came out and inspired a new dessert. I wanted to make something sweet and healthy that represents my love for summer and all the delicious berries and not to mention my Jerry Berry. :)
Start with homemade Mixed Berry Sorbet.
- Make a homemade crust from walnuts, dates, cranberries and cinnamon!
- Press into favorite cookie cutter or small dish.
- Top with a sliced banana and sprinkle with cranberries.
- Pour the Mixed Berry Sorbet on top and freeze for 3 hours
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 4 oz water
- 1 banana
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 7 dates
- 7 fresh or frozen strawberries
- small handful raw almonds
- 2 additional dates
- Place all but the last two ingredients in high speed blender
- Pulse on and off, use a spatula to assist until a sorbet consistency is formed
- Add balance of ingredients, pulse a few times. This will create chunks within the sorbet.
- Place in freezer and create the crust
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 dates
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- Toppings: 1 Banana, handful of cranberries
- Place ingredients in food processor
- Pulse until well combined
- Take parchment lined sheet, place cookie cutter on sheet. Press crust into cookie cutter.
- Top with toppings
- Take sorbet out of the freezer and pour on top.
- Freeze for 3 hours. Place hands around cookie cutter to warm, this will allow the dessert to slide out onto a plate.
- Top with fresh fruit and try to share!
You can also find me on Facebook or my book.
Berry Good Vibes!