Holiday's aside, it looked and sounded delicious so I thought I'd try to create a modified version using a homemade gluten free flour mix. Ever since I have been dying to post this recipe! This is a NEW and total keeper in my recipe book. I had to put them in the freezer because I can't keep my hands off them. :)
The best part is, you can mix it up and have a wondrous time creating the most satisfying delicious dessert. It makes a very large portion so they would be great for parties! I can't wait to make our next batch. No sugar, no preservatives, all homemade from scratch!
Roll out the dough and use a glass to make round circles
- 3 "eggs" (1 Tbsp Flax w/3 Tbsp Warm Water per "egg")
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 3/4 cup oil (I used sunflower - any vegetable oil will work)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- Filling: Any pie filling, jam, jelly, nutella, chocolate chips etc!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix "eggs", stevia, brown rice syrup, oil and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder until dough forms, ensuring not to over mix.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
- Use a drinking glass as a cookie cutter to make 30+ cookies!
- Place round cookies on prepared baking sheet
- Fill each with a good sized dollop of filling and pinch the 3 ends to make a triangle shape.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until edges are slightly browned.