1 Cup Oats (Use Gluten-Free if allergic)
1 to 1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour (Oats ground to flour)
1 Tbsp Flax Meal or 1 tsp Psyllium Husk
3 Tbsp Filtered Water
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Maple Syrup (Agave or 1 Cup Coconut Sugar)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil or Coconut Butter (At room temp, soft)
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment or a silmat.
- Combine the water and flax meal or psyllium husk together. Mix well. Set aside for 5-7 minutes to congeal.
- Mix together the coconut oil/butter with the syrup until it is nice and creamy.
- Add the congealed flax mixture, mix well.
- Add the balance of the ingredients less the chocolate chips. (*You can add the chocolate chips to the dough and on top, or just on top, your preference.) Mix until it forms a cookie dough. Start with 1 cup of the oat flour and add the other 1/2 cup if it needs it, I did add it. You can let it set for 10 minutes if needed for the flour to absorb the liquid.
- Use an ice cream scoop and place it on the cookie tray leaving 2" of space for spreading. Flatten slightly into a cookie shape. Place chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, I went 15, until golden.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before enjoying. Dig in!!