Modification: Add the nutritional yeast and a handful of cilantro. Then while cooking towards the end, instead of filling the omelette, flip it and then proceed to break it up after a minute or two.
Morning Sausage Crumbles
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- 1/8 tsp Liquid Smoke (a drop or two; I used hickory flavor any will do)
- ¼ tsp Oregano (pinch)
- ½-3/4 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- ¼ tsp RPF or less
- Pinch of cloves
- S&P to taste about ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 Mushroom
- 1 wedge of onion about 1/8 of an onion – slice
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter for the “pork fat” (1/2 tbsp is okay and less fattening.)
1/2 White Onion - Sliced into ¼ to ½ inch pieces
1 serrano - Diced
2 Mushrooms - Sliced
- Heat a non stick skillet and add the tiniest bit of oil or none at all. Add the onions, cook for a couple minutes, add the peppers, cook for another minute. Add the mushrooms, cook for another minute or two.
- Add all of the vegan breakfast sausage ingredients in a food processor, pulse until combined. Press down, give it one more blitz. Transfer to the skillet with the onion mix, heat until hot and nice and brown.
- Set aside, make the dough. You could totally stop here and eat, or put it on a bagel or an English muffin with some vegan cheese……mmm…but trust me proceed!
Garlic Cilantro Empanada Crust - Free of: Gluten, Oil, Dairy and Yeast yet full of Flavor!
- 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour like Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 6 Tbsp Dairy Free Milk
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Dash of coconut milk, Sprinkle of S&P + Nutritional Yeast to top.
- Mix together the dairy free milk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, then add the herbs. Stir in the garlic. Then add the dairy free milk mixture.
- Mix and knead for 1 minute. Adjust if needed. It will be kind of sticky. Cover and sit for 5 min.
- Knead for a few seconds, divide into 2-3 parts, roll into ball, flatten one, dust it with flour, and roll into oval or circular shape.
- Stuff with the “egg” mixture, and the “morning sausage crumbles” – fold dough over, seal, press shut, pinch and then transfer to pan with parchment paper. Brush coconut milk on top brush it on, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until golden, cool for 5 minutes and eat it.
We served ours with a smoothie and a sliced avocado with the balance of the sausage crumbles on top. Very savory!
- 4 Mandarin Oranges
- 13 Frozen Strawberries
- Opt: 1 tsp Moringa Powder
Blend - serve with a fresh strawberry on the side.