2 Cups Uncooked Brown Rice
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
2 Bay Leaves
5 Whole Cloves
2 Cloves Garlic, Smashed
3 Slices Ginger
1/2-1 tsp Sea Salt
- Fill a medium size pot with water and add the salt. Bring it to a bowl, almost like you would when you make pasta.
- Once boiling add the balance of the ingredients. Stir. Lid on with slight crack for vent. Cook 30 minutes undisturbed.
- After 30 minutes turn off the heat. Remove the bay leaves, garlic cloves, slices of ginger and whole cloves.
- Drain the liquid, reserving the broth for other uses like the next time you make this rice or as a vegetable broth etc. Once it has drained for 30 seconds, transfer the rice back to the pot. Cover with a lid. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, fluff the rice and enjoy in many ways!
- We can explore a more traditional variety in the future if you desire.
- I love to sauté some onions, add a green bell or poblano pepper, a couple sliced mushrooms and add a couple cups of the rice rice, you can add your favorite sauce as well. Yum!