I started with the following ingredients:
- 2 tbl grapeseed oil (Use vegetable broth and opt for oil free cooking!)
- 2 pckg tempeh - crumbled
- 2 carrots - chopped finely (I used the food processor)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 jalapeno
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried thyme, basil, oregano
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds or tahini
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce + 2 tbsp to brush on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil mini muffin pan or desired pan.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add the tempeh, vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and stir in for another 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour vegetable mixture in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mash together well, folding the mixture together, kneeding it like dough.
- Press the mixture into a prepared pan, bake for 40-45 minutes, serve hot with favorite sides! NUM!
Tempeh Vegetable mixture