1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon (opt)
1 1/2 Cups Oats (Certified Gluten-Free if needed)
1/2 Cup Puffed Amaranth (or favorite granola/cereal)
1/2 Cup Cashew (or favorite nut/seed)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
20 Big Medjool dates
1/2 cup Purified Water
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/4 Cup Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, or dust with flour. An 8x8 would also be great!
- Heat the natural peanut butter on the stove until smooth and creamy, 3-5 minutes. Or make homemade (recipe here) and it will be warm and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter, dates and water (use hot water if dates are not soft) and blend until thick and creamy.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients less the dried fruit [oats, puffed amaranth, cashews, salt] add the blended mixture, fold in goodies (raisins, cranberries, feel free to add chocolate chips, coconut flakes etc.)
- Place on prepared pan or sheet, press into rectangular shape. Using a piece of parchment paper to press into the bars firmly so they are packed, this will help them stick together.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-35 min until edges are golden. Cool for 15 + minutes, slice and enjoy. Makes 18 bars. Once cooled completely wrap individually for on-the-go bars, leave on counter, place in fridge or freezer. They'll last on travel conditions in a sealed container for 1 week, then freeze. Tested on travel and they hold up incredibly well and are very satisfying!
Adapted from on of my recipes on this site! http://www.artisticvegan.com/blog/vegola-granola-bars