16 Handmade Corn Tortillas:
- 2 Cups Harina de Maiz (Corn Flour)
- 1 1/2 Cups to 2 Cups Very Warm Water
- Opt: 1/4 tsp Baking Soda for a little lift
- Mix the water and harina de maiz together in a large bowl. Set aside 5 minutes.
- Knead well for 3-5 minutes. Roll into 14-16 golf-sized balls, press between hands slightly.
- Use two pieces of wax paper or a plastic bag with a slit cut down the side. Place a piece of wax pepper on the base of a tortilla press, place a ball that has been slightly pressed on top and cover with the other piece of wax paper. Press down, perfect!
- Heat a cast iron skillet or your favorite pan. Heat tortillas for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side.
- Place in a tortilla warmer or a plate covered with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
See the Enchilada Recipe to put these to use! :)