Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Servings: 6 Bowls
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Broth or Water
- 1 Medium Onion - Minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves - Minced
- 1 Inch Knob Fresh Ginger - Minced
- 1 Serrano Pepper - Minced (+ more for spicier)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 3 Tomatoes - Diced
- 2 Cups Tomatoes - Diced
- 1 1/2 Cup Chickpeas (Canned, Drained, Rinsed well or Pre-Soaked & Cooked)
- 1/3 Cup Lentils (Uncooked)
- 1/3 Cup Vermicelli Pasta
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour, diluted in 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- Sea Salt to taste
- Measure out all the ingredients. Place the spices in a small dish, mix and set aside. Use a food processor to help with processing the vegetables.
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable broth or water over medium heat in a pot. Sauté the onions until translucent. Add the carrots and cook for a few more minutes. Then the sorreno pepper, garlic and half of the diced cilantro. Cook for two minutes. Add the spice mixture and mix until fragrant.
- Add the 3 chopped tomatoes and cook until soft. Add the 2 cups tomatoes, vegetable stock, water and lentils. Simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Add the chickpeas, noodles and flour mixture. (Whisking the water and flour first and adding slowly to thicken the soup.) Serve hot with chopped herbs and your favorite bread or rice.
Inspired and Adapted by Jenessa's Dinners