1 Cup Oats (GF if allergic)
1 Cup Oat Flour (Grind to flour)
1 Tbsp Flax Meal or 1 tsp Psyllium Husk
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Pitted Medjool Dates
1/2 Cup Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment or a silmat.
- Place warm water over the pitted medjool dates, soak 7-10 minutes to soften.
- Combine the water and flax meal or psyllium husk together. Mix well. Set aside for 5-7 minutes to congeal.
- Mix together the almond butter and soaked dates in a food processor until it creates a creamy paste. Reserve the water from the dates for smoothies or discard.
- Add the congealed flax mixture to the almond butter mix and combine.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl, less the chocolate chips. (*You can add the chocolate chips to the dough and on top, or just on top, your preference.) Mix until it forms a cookie dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop and place it on the cookie tray leaving a little space for slight spreading. Flatten into a cookie shape. Place chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, I went 15, until golden.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before enjoying. Dig in!!
If you don't like chocolate chips you can omit, that's why they're saved to the end on top as I usually do 1/2 and 1/2. If just for me I'd put them inside the dough and on top. ;)
Raisins could be changed to cranberries.... :)