- 1 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 1/3 Cup Banana Puree
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Optional - or raisins, cranberries...)
- OPT: Top with Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I greased, lined and floured to be safe, you can as well if you please.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the flax meal and water together, set aside to congeal for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the wet into the dry until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the prepared pan, using a spatula, mold into desired shape, I made a round-ish shape. You can opt to sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, it makes it very pretty!
- Bake for 60-90 minutes until done, keeping an eye on it. When a knife comes out clean it is done, you can also flick the back to see if it is hollow sounding.
- Cool, slice, serve! Store covered or in a container on the counter, in the fridge or freeze.
Baking tips: If you find the bread is not done, place it back in. You can cover it with foil to create a tent if you want to take it longer and you want it golden.
My experience: Our oven gets really hot (over 500 degrees at times) so I did what I had to do to make it work, it baked about 30 minutes, then once it got to hot, was removed, cooled a bit and placed back in for another 15-20 minutes until done.
In general: With any baked good, time may vary from oven to oven, climate to climate, so keep an eye and adjust the cooking time as needed. It is best to cook bread lower and longer for even cooking.