2 Cups Almonds
3 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
3/4 Cup Packed Medjool Dates - Pitted
1 Tbsp, Coconut Butter
1/2 tsp Salt (Pink Himilayan is nice)
1/2 Cup Filtered Water
1 1/2 Cup Good Quality Chocolate Chips/Chunks
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Make it
- Pulse the almonds into a fine flour, add the balance. Mix until it forms a ball and begins to resemble a cookie dough.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leave 2" excess on each side. Press the base into the pan firmly, with a small roller or a can or small cup roll and press hard until very firm. Place in freezer. Proceed to caramel.
- Soak the dates first if they are not soft. Combine the ingredients in a food processor. Process and press down the sides until smooth, thick and creamy. Try to process until as few specks remain from the dates.
- Spread the date caramel on top of the crust and freeze for 40+ minutes until it firms up.
- Using the excess parchment paper, pull up and remove the dessert from the pan. With a wet or lightly oiled knife, slice into bars. Makes 9-10. Slice as desired.
- Take your chocolate, melt it over a double broiler with the coconut oil, using a fork gently dunk one bar in the chocolate, tap off the excess, transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until done. Take a spoon and drizzle a little extra chocolate on top. Freeze for about 30 minutes or so and enjoy!!