- Holiday Baguette
- Lentil Loaf
- Inca Quinoa Salad
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Cookies for dessert!
- Holiday Baguette is the June's Baguette recipe - pg 157 in The Artistic Vegan Cookbook - PDF or Book)
- The Lentil Loaf recipe is free in eBook when you subscribe or ask for one at email@example.com
- I used the Inca Quinoa Salad recipe, modified slightly, from the World Fusion Cookbook, my favorite! Any salad will work.
- Scalloped Potato recipe is below!
- Cookie recipe is coming soon!
These potatoes are so hard to resist you may find yourself asking for another spoonful. Creamy, "cheesy" and so wonderful they nearly melt in your mouth.
- 2 Tbps. Olive Oil (Sub Vegetable broth or water for oil-free)
- 1 1/2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Harina de Maiz - Corn Flour
- 1 tsp. Freshly Minced Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/4 Cup Cashew Milk or non-dairy
- 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes - Peeled and Sliced Thin
- 1 Small Onion - Diced
- Opt: 1/2 - 3/4 cup Dairy Free Cheese (I used the Mozzarella Cheese recipe in my book; you could use this one too)
- In a saucepan add the olive oil, saute the garlic for 1 minute. Add the corn flour, thyme, sea salt and pepper, whisk for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the cashew milk. Whisk constantly until boiling and thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and very thinly slice the potatoes. Layer in a cast iron skillet, casserole dish or pan. I used a cast iron skillet, well greased. Spread 1/3 of the potatoes in a layer and top with 1/2 of the diced onion. Repeat with 1/3 of the potatoes and another layer of diced onion. Add the final layer of potatoes. Cover with the sauce, using the back a knife to spread the sauce between the layers. Opt to top with dairy free cheese (suggested) stir to mix in slightly.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Happy Holidays with love from my heart and kitchen to
Adapted from the great recipe at Canadian Living.