- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (*tip below)
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the dry ingredients (less 1/2 cup flax meal) together in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
- Combine 1/2 cup flax meal with 1/2 cup warm water, set aside for a few minutes to congeal, forming a egg substitute. Once congealed place in blender, add stevia and vinegar. Blend until frothy.
- Add wet to dry, mixing well. Kneed for a few minutes and place into a lightly greased pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, slice and serve!
- Make your own almond flour (or other favorite nut flour) by taking raw almonds, place in food processor or high powered blender and pulse until a powder is formed. Use a fork or spatula to scrape away from sides.
- If you are allergic to nuts have no fear! Seed, corn, rice, bean or grain flours could be used.
- Alternatives to potato starch are: tapioca starch, corn starch and arrowroot starch.
- Some flax meal alternatives are: hemp meal, pecan meal, almond meal, chia meal and Psyllium husk.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my hubby and I did! We enjoyed each and every piece. It leaves such a delicious flavor in your mouth and is neutral enough to be enjoyed with a variety of meals. I think I'll make a new batch now! Let me know how much you enjoy it!
Love and light,
PS - If you haven't already, check out my husband's latest interview with James Swagger of Capricorn Radio, hosted out of Ireland. Show your love and share it with your friends and loved ones. This is the first interview we edited and added multimedia!