- 6 Apples
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Sugar
- Wash, peel and core the apples. Combine the ingredients in a pot over medium-low heat, stirring frequently for 25-30 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Blend 1/2 of the mixture at a time in a high speed blender until very smooth. Enjoy immediately, store in the fridge or freezer to use in a variety of recipes or enjoyed on its own!
- This is a low sugar version, feel free to add more coconut sugar as desired or your favorite sweetener. Use stevia for sugar free!
- Use water instead of apple cider vinegar or mix it 1/2 and 1/2. Use apple juice.
- Add your favorite flavors: vanilla, banana, chocolate, berry.. mix it up!
- For the raw version use the recipe above modified with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water. Blend 1/2 of the mixture at a time until smooth adding more liquid and sweetener, cinnamon as desired.
- I used 5 green apples and 1 red apple. Use any variety you please!
- On FaceBook , DonHenrietta mentioned: "I use organic cinnamon sticks in water till it looks like tea add three different kinds apples cook until soft mash till a little chunky cool and enjoy." - Sounds like a new variation to try! : ) However you make it, make it to your liking with love and it will surely come out to please!!
- Adapted from The Pioneer Woman