1 Large Carrot - Diced
1 1/2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
3 -4 Potatoes - Chopped
OPT: 1/2 - 1 Jalapeño - Diced
2 Cloves Garlic - Chopped
2 Tbsp. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
Opt: ½ tsp Salt
1 ½ Cups Home cooked Pinto Beans or 1 Can Drained and Rinsed
Sauce: (Feel free to Double)
2 Tbsp. Vegetable Broth
1 Medium Onion, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
1/2 - 1 Jalapeño - Diced
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder or 1 Arbol Chili Pepper (remove stem and seeds)
½ tsp Paprika
2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Salt
Opt: Dash Cayenne Pepper
4 Cups Chopped Tomatoes - Fresh, including juice
Cheese Sauce: (Feel free to Double)
½ Cup Cashews - Soaked overnight or while preparing ingredients in hot water. Drained and rinsed
½ Cup Filtered Water
2 tsp Preferred starch or flour
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Garlic Powder
Opt: Add 1 tsp Dijon Mustard, 1 Juicy Lemon or Lime Squeezed
May also add nutritional yeast if desired.
- Make the home cooked beans the night before or use canned.
- Prep the filling by boiling the potatoes until you can easily pierce with a fork, drain and set aside. Sauté the carrot and jalapeño in 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable broth for 3-5 minutes, season with a little salt if desired, add more water or broth as needed. Add the mushrooms, season with a little salt and pepper, mix. Place a tight fitting lid on top, cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and go for another minute. Remove from heat. Set aside. Add the beans, boiled & drained potatoes and vegetable mixture together in a large bowl. Mix well, season as desired. Set aside.
- Make the sauce. Sauté the onion, garlic and jalapeño in the vegetable broth over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili, paprika, oregano, salt and cayenne pepper if using. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Blend the cheese sauce ingredients until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 or desired pan, or line with parchment paper for oil-free. Ladle a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan and spread it out. Layer with tortillas. Add ½ cup of sauce, spread on top of the tortillas, flip the tortillas, spread the sauce around ensuring both sides are coated.
- Spread ½ of the filling, follow with ½ cup of sauce and a layer of tortillas. Flip and coat the tortillas in sauce.
- Add the remaining filling, ½ cup of sauce and the final tortillas. Spread ½ cup of sauce, spread on the tortillas, flipping to coat both sides and smother with cheese. Reserve any leftover sauce for serving. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve hot!
The Artistic Vegan Cookbook: An Alchemical Transformation
The Artistic Vegan Cookbook, An Alchemical Transformation is a healing approach to creating new masterpieces with flavors uniting from around the world. Step into a world of vegan dining, where cuisine is prepared with gratitude and love, combined with an intention to provide healing and a higher energy state, coincident with your alchemical transformation. Offer your loved ones and yourself the highest quality of ingredients, tantalizing creations, and exceptional cuisine. With over 150 vegan and gluten-free recipes with full color pictures of each and every recipes, this cookbook is an example of how transformational, healthy, and delicious vegan cuisine can be! You can also find a 3 day meal plan and my story! Bon appétit!!!
Please note: This item ships from the publisher and may take a little longer than normal. Thank you!
Artistic Vegan Guilt-Free Holiday Recipes - eBook
Enjoy a short yet sweet eBook inspired by a divine holiday feast for my loved one and I. A blog post didn’t seem sufficient for all of these delicious recipes. The Raw White Chocolate Cheesecake on a Café Cacao Crust is one of the finest creations I ever did make. The Hearty Lentil Loaf makes such a flavorful meal and is a hit at the table. Find a sample of healthy recipes with a holiday season focus.
The Artistic Vegan Cookbook - eBook
Step into the kitchen with vegan food blogger Christa Clark of ArtisticVegan. Christa became vegan over 10 years ago for better health and shares her healing approach to creating new masterpieces with flavors uniting from around the world. This cookbook contains ingredients ideal for everyone for a non-complicated approach. All the recipes are dairy-free, gluten-free and have nut and oil-free recipes and options along the way. Enjoy mouthwatering meals from savory dinners to hearty breakfasts. Try the Café Chai Ice Cream, Instant Zen Key Lime Cheesecake, Moist Banana Bread, Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Omelet, Beet-Burgers, Chinese Take Out, Hermes’ Caduceus Pizza, Poblano Chili, Vegan Brie Cheese, to name a few.
Being vegan doesn't have to mean unsatisfying food, buying tons of ingredients, or feeling limited. In The Artistic Vegan Cookbook, Christa Clark shows you how to make food that everyone will love. The recipes are homemade from start to finish with step-by-step guidelines. From breakfasts to dinner, amazing desserts and lots of vegan cheeses, Christa Clark and The Artistic Vegan cookbook are your best friends in your kitchen. Bon appétit!!!