- 2 Cups Pecans or Almonds for Almond Crackers
- 2 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 1/4 Cup Hot Filtered Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Dill (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1/2 tsp (ea) Salt, Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt, Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes (Sometimes I add Garlic Powder).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flax meal with the water to form a thick paste, this acts as a egg replacement. You could also use chia meal.
- Place the pecans in a food processor, pulse until a flour forms.
- Pour the pecan flour in a bowl, mix the dill, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder until combined. Add the congealed flax mixture and mix together until well combined. Kneed together with love.
- Take 2 equal sized pieces of parchment paper or wax paper.
- Roll the dough into a ball. Place the ball in-between the cooking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out, until it is 1/8" thin.
- Use a ruler and pizza cutter to make 2" x 2" crackers. Sprinkle with seasoning. If using parchment paper, transfer to a baking sheet, carefully breaking apart once done. If using the wax paper, carefully place each cracker on a greased baking sheet using a spatula.
- Bake 12 minutes, until brown edges or desired consistency. As they cool they will crisp. Enjoy the fruits of your labor, impressive!
Adapted from Elena's Pantry