200 grams Spaghetti Noodles
Homemade Sauce Made Easy in a Blender!
4 Cups Tomatoes (Roma, Large or Cherry)
1 Cup Chopped Onions
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt and 1/2 tsp Thyme
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp. Oregano
1 Small Handful Fresh Parsley
1 Lemon or Lime - Squeezed
1/2 Cup Carrots - Sliced Thin and Chopped in Half
1/2 Cup Fresh Green Beans or Asparagus - Chopped
1/4 Cup Filtered Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Black Olives - 3 per bowl
- Prepare the pasta noodles as per package, use gluten-free if allergic.
- Place the sauce ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth. Place in a small pot over medium heat, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once done it will thicken up and be a deep red color. Cooking also enhances the flavors.
- While the sauce is cooking squeeze a lemon or lime in a non stick skillet. Add the carrots, green beans or asparagus and water. Cover to steam for 10-15 minutes until desired consistency. Stir occasionally and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is done, drain, place in the prepared sauce. Cook for an additional 2 minutes over low heat. Transfer to a large bowl to pull from or dish into 2-4 bowls.
- Top with the vegetables and 3 olives per bowl. Opt to sprinkle parsley or red pepper flakes on top. Serve hot! Could be paired with salad and bread, yum!