- 4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 4 Cups Apple Slices or Chunks (peeled and cored)
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1 Mandarin Orange Juiced (or lemon, lime, small or 1/2 orange)
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup Flour of Choice (I used Almond)
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts of Choice (I used Almond)
- 1 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Butter (click for recipe)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Grease a 9 x 13 dish.
- In a large bowl combine the base ingredients of apples, berries, cinnamon, raisins, manderin juice and flour in a bowl with favorite utensil or hands. Pour into the 9 x 13 dish and spread it out.
- Make the crumble. Add flour, chopped nuts, oats, coconut sugar and cinnamon to a bowl, mix slightly and add the coconut butter. With a food processor, pastry cutter or hands work the coconut butter into the dry mixture, leaving some chunks.
- Spread the crumble evenly over the top of the strawberry and apple mixture pressing into the base.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning half way.
- Transfer from the oven to a cooling rack, cool for 30+ minutes, slice and serve. Best with vegan vanilla ice cream we had nice-cream adding a splash of vanilla almond milk, click for recipe.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT HERE
Nut Allergy? Use your favorite flour, leave out the nuts.
Gluten Allergy? Use certified gluten-free oats or replace with more flour or nuts.
Lower-Fat Option: Replace coconut butter with fruit puree.
Oil Options: Use coconut oil, earth balance vegan butter even a light vegetable oil.
Other Options: Use your favorite berry or base combination, your favorite sweetener, omit raisins add your favorite dried fruit or 1/4 cup sweetener, endless varieties can be had!