- 1/2 Cup Packed Soft Medjool Dates - Pitted
- 1/6 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1/6 Cup Maple Syrup (or your favorite)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Coconut Butter
Combine everything in a food processor. Pulse until combined, push down the sides, repeat and process for 3-5 minutes until there are virtually no date pieces left and it is a thick and creamy caramel. Use as your heart desires! Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Add a pinch of salt for salted caramel.
- Add a splash of vanilla or your favorite flavorings.
- Use 1 ingredient (dates only), dates and water, or dates and coconut milk.
- Use up to 1/6 cup of the coconut oil or coconut butter for firmer results.
Tip: Use full fat refrigerated coconut milk, scoop the cream off the top for an easy coconut cream.
Featured in Simply Caramel Chocolate Bars!